Draymond reveals the beginning of the battle with Durant

Almost all spinners already know why Kevin Durant left the Golden State Warrior. However, he did not reveal the beginning behind the Durant-Draymond quarrel itself.

According to Draymond Green, it’s hard to argue that Kevin Durant’s time at the Warriors wasn’t a success. He won two NBA championships and two final MVPs in three seasons, all in history. Established a position as the best player.

According to Durant’s comment after leaving the team, it had problems with outsiders, wanted to move to Eastern, and of course included the infamous battle with Draymond Green.

Durant’s allegation was that the wedge between the two continued throughout the season. When I appeared on the “All the Smoke” podcast, it was Draymond’s turn to talk about his side. It was there that he recently revealed some of the details behind the game-changing spat.

“Earlier this year, I told Bob (Myers) (of the GM Warriors) and Steve (Kerr) of the coach: I need help. This is frustrating, so help I need.’But no one did. So I’m a little stuck in this position, which is also good.

“So we’re playing against the Clippers, but you know what I’m doing now. I look down on the media for you, take a suspension for you, I’ll be fined, but in return, all I want from you is to know that you’re with me.

… ..

“He came to the bench and slapped the bench.’Give me the F-cking ball. I’ll get him out of here. Run forward. And he’listens to me. He slapped the chair, saying, “Give me a fuck ball.” I replied to him, “Now you should calm down. I am with whom you are.” I don’t know if you’re talking.

“And he started cursing me, I cursed him back, and DeMarcus dragged me out of the crowd,” calm down and feel where you are coming, but relax. This Is overkill. “

After this incident, Draymond met Bob Myers and Steve Kerr.

“And they almost tell me that if you’re wrong, you need to apologize. And I tell them all this, but this shouldn’t surprise anyone. They I keep telling me that you need to apologize, and “I’m not going to apologize. I don’t want to apologize for what I want to say.

After this meeting, Draymond was told to go home and meet them tomorrow. The next day, when Draymond was asked again if he would apologize, he still didn’t want to apologize. It was then that Bob Myers said he would suspend Draymond in tonight’s game.

“I started laughing because it wasn’t the reaction I expected from him. I felt I had to restrain myself to help Kevin and make him feel better. But it’s bullish. I’ve never seen a player stopped by a quarrel with another player.

“I told them that you would make the mistake of pausing me because I was the only one who could fix it. But they still did. I fixed it. But But it wasn’t the same again after that. But for me, at least a year hasn’t been the same forever. It just went wrong. “

This is the most detailed memory of what happened that day. But interestingly, the problem happened long before that. So what about the assumption that Durant left the Warriors for Dray? Big Man Warriors didn’t accept it.

“We’re talking about Kevin Durant. I did a great thing here. But if Kevin really wants to be here, go to Bob and say,” I’m going to stay here. But Draymond had to go. Bob Myers called me and said, “Draymond, I like you and I’m not going to trade you for a bad team, but where do you want to go?”

“So don’t brag about me because Kevin Durant left this team.”

“And who do you think understands it? (He points to himself). I understand the basketball business … it’s true, so he’s not my excuse.”

Obviously, there were some serious problems between them, but perhaps Durant’s potential withdrawal caused the biggest crack. You never know for sure. But from that day on, things were never the same, and it was clear that there were various factors.